Sunday, March 30, 2008

Washer workout

Well our wash machine has gotten a work out this weekend since Lois and Jacob had the stomach flu. Do they make wash machines with garbage disposales? Both vomited only twice and nobody else got it (yet). Jacob informed our teenage babysitter "Kaylee vomit is disgusting." (little does he know cleaning it up is the also very disgusting) Only a child can puke and immediately act like nothing ever happened. Today Lois was begging for food and "waa-wee" water and I was reluctant. I gave Julia a small breakfast and told her that she would probably vomit so lets make it something small, an hour later she said to me, "Mom I haven't puked yet and I am still hungry can I please have some more food." How pitiful.

Simon and Emma are getting easier to get to bed. Here is how great it is lay Emma in her car seat, that's the end... Simon we still rock the car seat and then we transfer them both to the crib.

Speaking of bedtimes: Julia is going to bed so well these days. I am reading a book from a fellow twin mom and the strategies work. we do quiet time were we speak quietly, a rigid routine and read a book or tell story of when Steven and I were dating. She has only once in the last few weeks gotten out of her bed with some lame excuses. Julia was so sweet tonight she said to Steven, "can I still sit on you lap even though it is quiet time."

Growing up: Jacob said him and Steven are going to be firemen when he gets bigger, he thinks his dad is cool, how great. Julia put a load on laundry in the wash and transferred it to the dryer without being asked. She was excited to fold it and put it away however it was bedtime. Oh how disappointing, she recovered quickly when I told her we can do more laundry tomorrow.

It is amazing to me how every day I am more in love with Steven and memories without him seem like a distant past. We have almost known each other for 11 years. He is my best friend and am so lucky to have him. When he proposed to me he asked me if he could take care of me forever and he has followed through on that.

What a contrast from my last blog, lesson good and bad days come and go quickly.

No comments: