Monday, May 5, 2008

Today was the day...

We were able to walk to the park and play for an hour and a half, the babies were great. Everything worked like a charm. Even better everyone was asleep by nine o'clock tonight. I have looked forward to this day since bed rest last fall, when things were tough I would just tell myself, "hang in there this summer you can go to the park daily with all the kids."

I was reminiscing about the tough times and I just had to laugh at one of the worst moments. I was in the hospital and sleep deprived I was on day 3 of only a couple hours of sleep, cumulative and fell asleep nursing babies in a rocking chair away from the call light. I awoke with a huge cramp in my neck, who knew my ear could actually touch my shoulder. I struggled to make it over to the bed, recovering from c-section, carrying two floppy babies and tripping over a nursing pillow. I made it only to plop Emma down on the bed less than gracefully. I hit the call light and a nurse quickly responded. As I pick Emma up, my gown fall the floor and my huge body is naked as the nurse enters. I am at tears and freaking out. The nurse says to me, "hey didn't you go to University of Mary?" I waited a moment to answer her with clothes on, come to find out she was a classmate. She was always laid back and would say compulsively, "it's all good" well ironic IT WASN'T ALL GOOD! She encouraged me and said I was doing great and in report the nurses said, "she isn't sleeping at all but, still smiling." I guess sometimes you have to smile or you cry. Wahoo! I made it, all down hill from here.

Take care I am going to fold laundry.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Bhahahahahaha! This is a hilarious post. Susan, you crack me up.